- Differentiates between vehicles and bicycles, enabling the right amount of “green time” for the right vehicle
- Eliminates occlusion problems
- Detects all bicycles (including Carbon Fiber)
- Enables touchless crossing for bicyclists and pedestrians
FlexRadar, powered by our patented MicroRadar technology, is an ultra-low power, patented radar sensor. FlexRadar reliably and accurately detects bicycles and pedestrians, differentiates between a bicycle and a motorized vehicle at the stop bar, provides bicycle counts in dedicated bicycle lanes, and provides the most accurate parking space occupancy data available. FlexRadar offers an extra layer of safety and efficiency for vulnerable road users by automatically detecting bikes or peds when they pedal or step into designated zones.
- Universal platform for bicycle presence detection, counts and parking applications
- Flexible installation with no wires, trenching or lead-in cabling
- Can be used to activate or extend the green phase, or trigger dedicated crossing signals and warning lights for approaching or turning motorists
- Ability to enable temperature reporting
- Ultra-low power, patented 6.3GHZ radar for bicycle, pedestrian and parking applications
- Sampling rate: 1-8Hz
- Reliable 2-way radio communications with Sensys Networks gateways
FlexRadar improves safety by automatically detecting bicyclists stopped at or approaching intersections, and by allowing agencies to optimize green time, as well as providing critical bicycle utilization statistics for city planners.
FlexRadar automatically detects pedestrians when they step into designated zones, enabling safer and completely touchless crossing.
FlexRadar has proven itself to be the most accurate detector for parking space occupancy in head-to-head tests with magnetometer and infrared competitors. Unlike competing sensors, FlexRadar is immune to nearby queued vehicles, passing trucks, dirt or abrasions. By combining FlexRadar for parking data and FlexMag for traffic measures, agencies are able to optimize parking policy to minimize congestion.